Thursday, November 25, 2010

Biscuits



As I have said here before; bread is something my husband thrives on. Therefore I welcome new bread recipes. This one is just a different take on the baking powder biscuits, but it's pretty good.
As you can tell from the photo they did poof up really fluffy. And, yes, they are square and triangular shaped. I don't bother using a round cutter; I just roll the dough into a rectangle and slice it up with a very sharp knife. Voila!


Cloud Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter or margarine
2/3 cups milk
1 egg, beaten lightly

Mix dry ingredients together. Cut the butter into dry mixture. Mix in the milk and egg. Knead lightly. Cut into biscuits. Bake in 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment