Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cookie Fun


Here's a fun one if you have kids.

An Edible Puzzle

16½ oz tube of sugar cookie dough
1/3 cup of flour


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimless baking sheet with parchment paper.

Knead flour into sugar cookie dough. Reserve half of dough for late use. Roll the dough on a floured surface to a ¼ inch thickness, then cut it into three approximate 4-inch squares.

Place the squares onto the baking sheet and chill them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.

Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.

Remove the cookie sheet and slide the parchment paper onto a counter or cutting board.

Push the cookie cutters into the dough. (Warning, it will be HOT!) Be sure to cut cookie all the way through.

Slide the paper back onto the sheet and bake for 2 more minutes.

Let cookies cool.

To frost:

Thin a cup of white frosting (I used my homemade cream cheese and it worked just fine) with a small amount of water (I used milk) until it’s the consistency of honey. Divide into small bowls and stir in desired food coloring.

Frost cookies with a paint brush.



My alterations here; I don't have a cookie sheet without sides, so I just cut the cookies on the parchment paper on the sheet. It worked just as well.

I also was a bit more creative with my shapes. Instead of just squares I cut out a green grass bush for the bunny adn an oval for the teddy. It also worked as well. The only thing is that I didn't have a leaf cookie cutter for the apple, so when I attempted to cut one out, it didn't work. As in, it wouldn't come out of the puzzle. But it still tasted as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment