Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One of my Favorites...

The following recipe is one of my favorite Indian recipes. I love it. The only problem here is that I DON'T have a picture of it. *sigh* Sorry. I said I'd have a picture of all of my recipes. ARGH! Well, it's good anyway.


Chicken Korma

1 large potato; peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 cinnamon stick (3 inches long)
1 bay leaf
3 whole cloves
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp minced fresh ginger root
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 tsp salt
½ C sour cream
Hot cooked rice

Boil potato 10-15 minutes, just until tender. Drain.

Sauté onion, cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves in oil until onion is tender. Add chicken, garlic, curry and ginger; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, salt and potato.

Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat; discard cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves. Stir in sour cream. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment